This page contains reports from the Burma Campaign UK and other groups about the situation in Burma.
Lessons from Burma’s largest coal project at Tigyit
This report by local Pa-Oh researchers, exposes how up to two thousand tons of lignite, the most polluting type of coal, are being extracted per day from a massive open cast mine at Tigyit village. In fact, the mine has destroyed village homes and the local pagoda. The local waterways were polluted and they are no longer usable. Although vast amounts of energy are exported to neighboring countries, only 3 % of the energy power is used in Burma. Therefore, this report raises awareness of social and environmental cost of such operations to potential investors from other countries.
- PWO condemns Burma Army shelling of village, killing headman and injuring two women
- British Government Downplaying Human Rights Abuses In Burma - New Briefing
- David Ward MP raises plight of persecuted Rohingyas in British Parliament
- Burma’s Census Must Be Postponed - New Briefing From Burma Campaign UK
- Laphai Gam Detention Illegal Says United Nations