This page contains reports from the Burma Campaign UK and other groups about the situation in Burma.
Lessons from Burma’s largest coal project at Tigyit
This report by local Pa-Oh researchers, exposes how up to two thousand tons of lignite, the most polluting type of coal, are being extracted per day from a massive open cast mine at Tigyit village. In fact, the mine has destroyed village homes and the local pagoda. The local waterways were polluted and they are no longer usable. Although vast amounts of energy are exported to neighboring countries, only 3 % of the energy power is used in Burma. Therefore, this report raises awareness of social and environmental cost of such operations to potential investors from other countries.
- Innocent Kachin Farmer Remains In Jail – Free La Ring!
- 1,000 Letters About Burma’s Political Prisoners Delivered To William Hague
- Sentencing of May Sabe Phyu and Maran Jaw Gun Highlights New Tactics of Intimidation
- Political Prisoners Continue to Be Used as a PR Tool by Thein Sein
- 37 Organizations Urge President Obama to Update Burma Blacklist