This page contains reports from the Burma Campaign UK and other groups about the situation in Burma.
Lives of Chin Refugees in Delhi: Case Studies
The report is published by Chin Refugee Committee, Delhi and aimed to highlight the plight of the Chin refugees living in Delhi with the hope that their conditions would improve.
This report attempts to highlight:
- The sufferings and struggle of the Chin people in Delhi
- The atrocities committed by the landlords and local people local people on the hapless Chin refugees
- Physical assaults at work place, home, schools, torture
- Gender based sexual violence, assaults, rape, sodomy
- Health care and educational situation
- Lack of awareness of the Delhi Police and insensitivity in dealing with the Chin refugees
- Lack of protection for the Chin refugees by UNHCR and Indian government etc.
The report documents 35 cases studies. All accounts of the various problems face by the Chin refugees could not be fully presented in this report as there are too many; however this report gives an overview of the travails of the Chin refugees in Delhi.
- UN Human Rights Council Burma Resolution Must Not Drop Demands For Action
- PWO condemns Burma Army shelling of village, killing headman and injuring two women
- British Government Downplaying Human Rights Abuses In Burma - New Briefing
- David Ward MP raises plight of persecuted Rohingyas in British Parliament
- Burma’s Census Must Be Postponed - New Briefing From Burma Campaign UK