This page contains reports from the Burma Campaign UK and other groups about the situation in Burma.
2010 Elections: A Recipe for Continued Conflict
This report reveals serious concerns over the possible conduct of the 2010 elections that is likely to disenfranchise an estimated 1.9 million voters. It also outlines the serious flaws in the 2008 constitution that will intensify the root causes of conflict that has plagued Burma. The regime’s preparations for 2010 have already had serious human security impacts on the region - increased crimes against humanity and escalated armed conflict caused 43,800 refugees to cross over into China and Thailand within the past three months alone
- Innocent Kachin Farmer Remains In Jail – Free La Ring!
- 1,000 Letters About Burma’s Political Prisoners Delivered To William Hague
- Sentencing of May Sabe Phyu and Maran Jaw Gun Highlights New Tactics of Intimidation
- Political Prisoners Continue to Be Used as a PR Tool by Thein Sein
- 37 Organizations Urge President Obama to Update Burma Blacklist