This page contains reports from the Burma Campaign UK and other groups about the situation in Burma.
2010 Elections: A Recipe for Continued Conflict
This report reveals serious concerns over the possible conduct of the 2010 elections that is likely to disenfranchise an estimated 1.9 million voters. It also outlines the serious flaws in the 2008 constitution that will intensify the root causes of conflict that has plagued Burma. The regime’s preparations for 2010 have already had serious human security impacts on the region - increased crimes against humanity and escalated armed conflict caused 43,800 refugees to cross over into China and Thailand within the past three months alone
- PWO condemns Burma Army shelling of village, killing headman and injuring two women
- British Government Downplaying Human Rights Abuses In Burma - New Briefing
- David Ward MP raises plight of persecuted Rohingyas in British Parliament
- Burma’s Census Must Be Postponed - New Briefing From Burma Campaign UK
- Laphai Gam Detention Illegal Says United Nations