News and Reports
Ongoing Impunity: Continued Burma Army atrocities against the Kachin people
This report by the Kachin Women’s Association Thailand (KWAT) provides an update of atrocities committed by the Burma Army against civilians since it broke its 17-year ceasefire with the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) one year ago.
It highlights the particular suffering of women during the conflict, who have been forced to be porters, used as sex slaves, gang-raped and killed.
- Modern Slavery: A Study of Labour Conditions in Yangon’s Industrial Zones
- 2013 Report by UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Myanmar
- AAPP report on political prisoners September 2013
- Disputed Territory
- Peaceful Assembly and Peaceful Procession Law used to arrest and imprison political activists
- Drawing The Line: The Case Against China’s Shwe Gas Project
- Burma Risk Assessment: High risk of genocide in Burma
- Patterns of Anti-Muslim Violence in Burma
- AAPP report on political prisoners August 2013
- Good Governance and the Extractive Industry in Burma
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.