News and Reports
dontforgetburma.org Launched Today
A new website has been launched today which gives members of the public an opportunity to submit images showing that they havent forgotten Burma. The site has been created to allow internet users to show solidarity with the country’s pro-democracy movement and political prisoners.
It has been launched with the tagline - The media spotlight may have moved on, but we still care. Leave a message of solidarity for the Burmese people. Be creative, be witty, show hope!
The website is being operated by Burma Global Action Network, an organization that maintains the highly successful Support the Monks Protest in Burma Facebook group, which now consists of 440,000 members.
The site is being promoted by prestigious launch partners which include Burma Campaign UK, The US Campaign for Burma, Avaaz.org, Canadian Friends of Burma, and The European Burma Network.
Johnny Chatterton the lead activist working on the project commented, We envision this site to bring together Burma supporters and campaigners from around the world behind one, simple message we havent forgotten Burma.
The concept for this site has been taken from the highly successful models established by [url=http://www.sorryeverybody.com]http://www.sorryeverybody.com[/url] and [url=http://www.werenotafraid.com]http://www.werenotafraid.com[/url]
However, thanks to site designer Chantal Marez [url=http://www.dontforgetburma.org]http://www.dontforgetburma.org[/url]
The site encourages people to show creativity with the messages they submit. It has been a success even before it was officially launched. Marez commented, even before we officially launched the site it has been getting around 1 submission every 6 minutes from all over the world.
- President Thein Sein – New Briefing
- No political activists must remain in Burma’s jails: Free Zaw Zaw Aung
- All Burma VJs Freed
- International court condemns Burma junta for its illegal and “grotesque” record on detention
- Burma Uprising 1st Anniversary Protesters Demand Prisoner Release
- Burma Activists Trial More Charges Than Bin Laden
- Burma Justice Committee presents petitions to the United Nations
- dontforgetburma.org Launched Today
- Security Council must force Burma regime to enter into talks
- Britains politicians unite in calling for democracy in Burma
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.