News and Reports
Burma Campaign UK Tribute and Condolences on the Death of Vaclav Havel
Burma Campaign UK sends condolences to the family and friends of former Czech President Vaclav Havel, who has died aged 75.
Vaclav Havel was a longstanding supporter of human rights and democracy in Burma. He worked publicly and privately to support Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of Burma’s democracy movement. He established human rights as a central tenant of Czech foreign policy, and the Czech Republic has continued to be one of the most robust European countries promoting human rights in Burma.
Burma Campaign UK staff and volunteers were privileged to have met and worked with Vaclav Havel on several Burma related initiatives. He was always ready to do anything he could to help the people of Burma. Burma’s democracy movement has lost a great friend, and he will be sorely missed.
- Innocent Kachin Farmer Remains In Jail – Free La Ring!
- Sentencing of May Sabe Phyu and Maran Jaw Gun Highlights New Tactics of Intimidation
- Political Prisoners Continue to Be Used as a PR Tool by Thein Sein
- 37 Organizations Urge President Obama to Update Burma Blacklist
- Thein Sein Urged To Release Bauk Ja
- Freedom of Information Request Reveals Costs of Thein Sein Visit to UK
- Sexual violence in Burma ‘deeply troubling’ says UK Foreign Secretary William Hague
- 2nd Anniversary of Sumlut Roi Ja Abduction Highlights Impunity in Burma
- Burmese government troops use villagers as human shields in Shan State
- Statement on Buddhist-led violence against Muslims in Burma
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.