News and Reports
Burma Campaign UK Tribute and Condolences on the Death of Vaclav Havel
Burma Campaign UK sends condolences to the family and friends of former Czech President Vaclav Havel, who has died aged 75.
Vaclav Havel was a longstanding supporter of human rights and democracy in Burma. He worked publicly and privately to support Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of Burma’s democracy movement. He established human rights as a central tenant of Czech foreign policy, and the Czech Republic has continued to be one of the most robust European countries promoting human rights in Burma.
Burma Campaign UK staff and volunteers were privileged to have met and worked with Vaclav Havel on several Burma related initiatives. He was always ready to do anything he could to help the people of Burma. Burma’s democracy movement has lost a great friend, and he will be sorely missed.
- Action Needed On Humanitarian Aid Restrictions In Burma
- Former Political Prisoner Forced To Serve Old Prison Sentence
- Migrant Rights Worker Facing Jail - Drop the Charges Against Andy Hall
- Labour Activist Jailed For Cutting Down A Tree
- Tun Aung Sentence Increased By Six Years
- EU Abandons Burma’s Political Prisoners - Downgrades Human Rights
- Burma’s Rohingya Treatment Violates International Law
- European Union Must Not Abandon Human Rights Benchmarks
- Political Prisoner Jailed Since 1999 Must Be Freed!
- Examples of Anti-Muslim Propaganda
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.