News and Reports
Burma Campaign UK Tribute and Condolences on the Death of Vaclav Havel
Burma Campaign UK sends condolences to the family and friends of former Czech President Vaclav Havel, who has died aged 75.
Vaclav Havel was a longstanding supporter of human rights and democracy in Burma. He worked publicly and privately to support Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of Burma’s democracy movement. He established human rights as a central tenant of Czech foreign policy, and the Czech Republic has continued to be one of the most robust European countries promoting human rights in Burma.
Burma Campaign UK staff and volunteers were privileged to have met and worked with Vaclav Havel on several Burma related initiatives. He was always ready to do anything he could to help the people of Burma. Burma’s democracy movement has lost a great friend, and he will be sorely missed.
- UN Human Rights Council Burma Resolution Must Not Drop Demands For Action
- PWO condemns Burma Army shelling of village, killing headman and injuring two women
- British Government Downplaying Human Rights Abuses In Burma - New Briefing
- David Ward MP raises plight of persecuted Rohingyas in British Parliament
- Burma’s Census Must Be Postponed - New Briefing From Burma Campaign UK
- Laphai Gam Detention Illegal Says United Nations
- European Union Must Support International Investigation Into Human Rights Abuses Against Rohingya
- British Government Avoiding Difficult Questions in Parliament - New Briefing
- Religious freedom must be central to Burma’s democratisation
- International Investigation Needed Into Killings In Rakhine State
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.