News and Reports
Annie Lennox and Faithless on the crisis in Burma
The whole world is watching Burma, a country whose people have been repressed by a brutal military dictatorship for too long. The peaceful protest that began only days ago by Buddhist monks is coming to a climax. We wait to see if it will culminate in yet another bloody massacre. Aung San Suu Kyi, the Nobel Peace Prize winner, and rightful leader of Burma, has been forcefully and criminally interned under house arrest for too many years. It is time for Burma to be set free. It is time for justice and human rights to prevail
We in the band remain astonished and humbled by the unbelievable courage and humanity of the Buddhist order and the people of Burma.The actions of the ruling Junta are an abomination and the international community should take immediate steps to remove this evil, wicked regime and return the country to its people.
Annie Lennox and Faithless are not available for comment. For more information contact Suki Dusanj, Events Manager at Burma Campaign UK, on 020 7324 4716.
- President Thein Sein – New Briefing
- No political activists must remain in Burma’s jails: Free Zaw Zaw Aung
- All Burma VJs Freed
- International court condemns Burma junta for its illegal and “grotesque” record on detention
- Burma Uprising 1st Anniversary Protesters Demand Prisoner Release
- Burma Activists Trial More Charges Than Bin Laden
- Burma Justice Committee presents petitions to the United Nations
- dontforgetburma.org Launched Today
- Security Council must force Burma regime to enter into talks
- Britains politicians unite in calling for democracy in Burma
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.