Burma Briefing provides comment, briefing and analysis from Burma Campaign UK.
Burma’s Fake Election and the Post-Election Structure
Burma Briefing No. 5
While the international community has focused primarily on the process of the elections, this briefing analyses not only how the election process is unfair, but also how the military have brought in a new constitution which renders parliament powerless to bring in genuine democratic reform without military consent.
- Innocent Kachin Farmer Remains In Jail – Free La Ring!
- 1,000 Letters About Burma’s Political Prisoners Delivered To William Hague
- Sentencing of May Sabe Phyu and Maran Jaw Gun Highlights New Tactics of Intimidation
- Political Prisoners Continue to Be Used as a PR Tool by Thein Sein
- 37 Organizations Urge President Obama to Update Burma Blacklist