Hundreds of political prisoners remain in jail in Burma, like ethnic Kachin farmer La Ring.
He was arrested in June 2012, and tortured brutally by the military-backed government in Burma. He was sentenced to 2 years in jail on 15th November 2013.
Take action now.
Human Rights Abuses Since Thein Sein Became President
It is now more than two years since Thein Sein became President, yet Burma still has one of the worst human rights records in the world.
Since Thein Sein became President, human rights abuses which violate international law have actually increased.
They are fair-trade and organic cotton and all profits go to Burma Campaign UK.
- Innocent Kachin Farmer Remains In Jail – Free La Ring!
- 1,000 Letters About Burma’s Political Prisoners Delivered To William Hague
- Sentencing of May Sabe Phyu and Maran Jaw Gun Highlights New Tactics of Intimidation
- Political Prisoners Continue to Be Used as a PR Tool by Thein Sein
- 37 Organizations Urge President Obama to Update Burma Blacklist
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.